Monday, February 23, 2009

Information Visualization "Info Vis"

My Current DashboardImage by bwc via Flickr

As some of you know - I've been interested in opportunities to improve productivity thru better information visualization. Most of the enterprise applications I have seen and used either no graphics or very basic charts even Business Intelligence solutions -- yet there has been an explosion in creativity in the area of scientific visualization. I believe there is an opportunity to help business users understand the interactions in the business and react better by using techniques of "info vis". Some examples are 'google maps mashups' , market treemaps, heatmaps and other techniques to combine multiple dimensions into a single view of the business.

I've setup a poll on LinkedIn - please let me know your thoughts.

http://polls.linkedin.com/p/23882/fcqgx



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: